What to do if pulled over for DWI in Texas…
Continuing with our DWI video question series: What is the best way to handle a DWI stop?
Video Summary Below:
What should I do when I’m pulled over by a police officer?
- Just don’t panic. Have your driver’s license and proof of insurance ready to provide them to the officer.
- Don’t get out of the car, and don’t volunteer any information.
- Be polite and respectful to the officer.
- Don’t do or say anything without first consulting a lawyer.
- Assert your right to talk with an attorney.
- Do not perform any field sobriety tests.
- If you have been drinking, you may want to refuse a breathalyzer test.
- Challenge the license suspension as soon as possible.
Call our office today for a free consultation: (469) 718-2020.